Posts by Laura:
Here’s a roundup of what we liked on the web this week. And be sure to wish Scott a happy birthday. It’s a milestone today, ya’ll!
1. Need help identifying flaws in reasoning, or logical fallicies? Have we got the site for you.
2. Instagram is everywhere these days. Here’s your beginner’s guide to using it.
3. Ever feel like you’re alone in the crazy world and your struggles? One of my favorite blogs, I Like Beer And Babies, reminds us that we are all a little broken, friends. Take heart.
4. I haven’t figured out just what I would use this for, but I’m sure this recipe for roasted jalapeno mayo would be delicious on something.
5. Need to add a little pizzazz to your work area? Try this mousepad makeover project.
6. Good news, coffee addicts! An NIH study finds that coffee drinkers have lower risk of death. Read on.
7. Not that I’m thinking about mortality much lately, but check out this article on some personality secrets to a long life.
8. Snickers cake. They had me at Snickers. And cake.
9. Finally, take a look at this shot of a Romanian village after a rainstorm. Beautiful.
Enjoy your week, lovelies! Laura and Scott
A few things we liked this week on the internet: 1. Awesome and crazy – just like a wedding picture should be. 2. This is courtesy of the guy I live with. Nothing better than animals being jerks. I’m paraphrasing, as you’ll see. 3. Yes, putting young children to bed is a little too much [...]
We lost my father-in-law over the weekend. Here are some memories I will carry with me. He lived alone for many years, after losing his wife, and was just fine with it, thank you very much. He loved to have visitors, to a point. And then he was just as happy to get back to [...]
Here’s what we liked while surfing the web this week: 1. Wondering how to tempt the tastebuds of the moms in your life? Look no further than these Mother’s Day Recipes. 2. And while we’re at it, this chocolate toffee cake looks divine, absolutely wonderful. Hint hint. 3. Here’s a link to some famous mothers, [...]
So the girl had a big birthday over the weekend. She’s the big 10. Double digits. Practically a grownup, or something. We had an interesting exchange about getting ready for bed on her actual birthday. “Brush your teeth, please.” “I did.” “You did?” (I look at wet toothbrush and remnants of toothpaste in sink, she’s [...]
We’re sorry for being MIA with the things we liked this week, for the past few weeks. In an effort to get back on track, here goes: 1. My girl’s having a birthday. A big one, like double digits for the first time big. And with a birthday of epic proportions coming up, this article [...]
So, I ran my 10k race over the weekend (including a PR, thankyouverymuch), and that means that it’s now time for me to refocus and get ready to train for my first marathon in October. I’m thinking if I’m going to up my mileage so much, I’m going to need to refocus, or, you know, [...]
So this spring, the girl is playing softball again and the boy is playing his first season of tee ball. It’s so fun to watch them do their thing, even though it’s a really busy time of year. And when I say busy, I mean pull out your hair, need a moment, how am [...]
Here’s what we liked while perusing the web this week. You’ll notice it’s a little Easter heavy. Apologies to our Passover-celebrating peeps. We’ll get you next year. 1. These little bunnies are to die for, made from Nutter Butter cookies. 2. My niece Anne turned me on to the site Smitten Kitchen. These carrot [...]